MT. TALAMITAM
Renante MinaWednesday, July 4, 2012 4 comments



Hiking with my sister

Jump-off point: Sitio Bayabasan, Brgy. Aga, Nasugbu (KM. 83)
LLA: 14.1158° N; 120.7577° N; 630 MASL
Days required/ Hours to summit: 1 day / 1.5.2 hours
Specs: Minor climb, Difficulty 3/9

     I planned to do solo climb at Mt. Talamitam and  I remembered my sister invite her and for her to experience how to become a hiker, we scheduled our climb last June 23, 2012. We prepared everything clothes, food and money, but our main problem was we don't have a good camera that can capture a view for our documentation, but we are still lucky because we were able to borrowed a camera from our auntie but when I saw it's only 5 megapixel I was worrying if that camera can capture the panoramic view and would not be pixelated but still hoping that will work. 0700H ETD at Edsa Taft via BSC to Nasugbu Batangas during our trip we encountered a heavy traffic from every part of Cavite, so I got worried because it would be hot to our trek.

Mt. talamitam
Landmark Jump-off
 
Jump-off Km 83
 
     1000H ETA registration at Sitio Bayabasan  Barangay Aga Km. 83, when we were at the registration area they gave us some briefing about the mountain and asked us if it our first time to climb at Mt. Talamitam because they required us to have a guide for the safety concerns.
 
Johnly "Guide"

Registration Area
 
     When I asked the collector about the guide fee she said 300.00, I already expected that the range will be 300-500 but I tried to asked some favor "Pwede 200 nalang" she said " Fix na po 300" we have no option but to hire a guide and for our own safety and convenience.

Mt. talamitam
Bamboo Bridge
 
     1030H we start our trek with my sister and the guide who's name Johnly I don't know his complete name I forgot to asked him, during our trek the first highlight of the trek is to cross the Talamitam river using the bamboo bridge, I asked the guide if there's a incident that there's a mountaineer who got lost on that mountain he said Yes there's already incident that happen almost 3 days after we find them he said.

Grass Land
 
Mt. talamitam
Mt. Talamitam 
 
     You will also encounter cows and horses on the trail because some part of the trail are ricefields and grasslands, It is not advisable to hike around 1000H when it is sunny because it is very hot, you must bring a lot of water to avoid dehydration always bring sunblock to protect your skin from the sunlight of the sun.
 
Summit at Mt. Talamitam

Mt. talamitam

 
My sister "Star"
 
Mt. talamitam
Grotto "MAMA MARY"

     1200H when we reached the summit, when I was on the summit I feel free and relaxed because of great panoramic view and fresh air.
 
     1330H when we descent at the summit, I asked our guide "kung meron paliguan sabi niya hindi ko alam kung meron kasi walang supply ng tubig dito naputulan buong barangay walang tubig" One big problem of the barangay. 1430H when we back at the registration area and still lucky because near at the registraion we find "Paliguan" 20.00 per person. 1500H head back to Manila.


Expenses:
     Bus fare at Edsa Taft Ave.  124.00 oneway
     Registration 25.00 per person
     Guide 300.00
      Ligo/Shower 20.00 per person



4 comments:

gelaikuting said...

AYOS! sana matuloy kami dito ng October :)

Manong Unyol said...

goodluck ma'am happy climb

Rubhie - said...

natanaw ko lang to nung nsa trail kami to summit of mt. batulao .....time will come maakyat ko din siya

Manong Unyol said...

sana mapuntahan mo na, goodluck to your climb and ingats lage...