Mt Sembrano
Renante MinaThursday, August 23, 2012 20 comments



Climb with the Backpackers at Mt. Sembrano

     When I'm browsing pictures on google I saw a picture of a group in Mt.Talamitam, and when I read the post, the blog caught my attention because I'm a big fan of those who love nature specially in hiking and other outdoor activities, after I read their blog I checked their profile of each member and I was so amazed because they already climb the mountain that I want to climb. I leave a comment on their Mt. Talamitam post and I gave my FB account and also my blog site and for them to check my profile. A day after I received a message through FB that I join one of their climb at Mt. Sembrano, I gave my personal number to sir Ivan of BP "BackPackers" for us easily to communicate regarding the said climb.

     A day before the climb sir Ivan gave to us the final itinerary; what to bring; what to do and what to wear. On the day of our climb the group decided to meet at Mcdonalds Crossing and the group was divided into two the other group led by sir Ivan and they have a private car, and our group led by Sir Heinz and Sir Ralph and rented a van going to jump-off in Pililla Rizal.
     While were on our trip sir Mon was asking an advice and sir Jojo more willing to do so when I'm listening with them as I observed to sir Jojo he is a good adviser and also a joker hahaha, It really seemed that sir Mon is very emotional that day about his lovelife:) 1300H when we reached the Pililla Rizal we waited the second group because they bought all the necessities needed. But to my surprise, they suddenly blindfolded sir Mon to surprise him. I didn't know it was his birthday, they gave him a cake and her special someone was their too. Sir Mon his eye going to teary because of that surprise given to him. And that is why all of us was wearing red because that is his favorite color, and he also said that he never experienced to have a birthday blowout he only celebrate his birthday by going to church and pray according to him. 1500H we started our trek the trail was to easy going to campsite but there is a portion rocky and muddy and we also cross a stream but it is shallow. Almost 1700H when we reached the campsite and set a tent and preparing a food for our dinner.
     


Blow the candle sir Mon

Group Picture

 Group picture Backpackers and Guests

Group picture Backpackers and Guest

 Trail



Social


      After we ate our dinner we had our little gatherings, we chatted introduced ourselves  specially me because it's my first time accompany with them with the group"BackPackers" I met also the other guests ma'am Alexi, ma'am Melai, ma'am Sheryline and sir Jojo, and finally I already met sir Freddie and sir Lean because when I post on Pinoymountaineer who want join with my climb they text me but unfortunately they cancel it for some reason. It was dawn when we finished and also others had taken their rest, I didn't sleep because of some negative feedback about theft and slashing tent in that area. Sir Wilson and I stayed outside and to secure our things. Before we start our trek the barangay chairman gave a briefing what to do to avoid any incident, so all the time we are alert.


Manggahan Campsite



Stream




Assault going to summit


     Day 2: 0830H when we started our assault on summit, the first part of the trail was very hard for the reason nothing for you to hold on, I think almost 70 or 80 degrees elevation one mistake can cause you death, and that trail is not advisable because it's to dangerous, but there is other trail going up more safer than other one. And when we reached the peak it was so foggy and the wind start blewing and sad to say that we didn't saw the view when we are on the peak, but it's all worth it..



Summit



See you again
      Thanks to all the members of The Backpackers for giving me a chance accompany with your mountain adventure's specially to sir Ivan and sir  Heinz author their blog and also to sir Mon who always entertain us as a guest and celebrated his birthday with us.

     Please visit the website of Backpackers: thebackpackersadventures.blogspot.com for more interesting story about our mountain adventure and also BE ALAERT ALL THE TIME ABOUT THE THEFT INCIDENT IN MT SEMBRANO

20 comments:

  1. Wow. What an experience. Galing nyo:) salamat nga pala sa pag bisita:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no problem ma'am.. thank you din sa pagbisita

      Delete
  2. Salamat po sa pag bisita... Sana makapag hike din ako ng kagaya ng ginagawa nyo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, sa kwento mo pa lang natakot na ko, mas natakot ako sa pic, buwis buhay pala dyan..

    Ang sweet naman ng surprise for Sir Mon..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yah napaka saya ang swerte ko may celebration na naganap:) gusto ko rin yan hindi ko pa nasubukan ma surprise ng masaya hehehe:)

      Delete
    2. May ganun? hahaha.. e kelan ba birthday, isusurprise kita, haha!

      Delete
    3. malapit na haha, wag na gusto ko pera nalang joke... ok na yung pagvisit mo sa site thankful na ako..

      Delete
    4. hmm...tinataboy mo ko? isusumbong kita kay mareng pinkline, hahaha

      Delete
    5. at baket ako nasama sa usapan? kaw talaga twin sis!

      Delete
    6. hahaha ano meron @joanne tinataboy bakit naman po:) @Pink Line ewan ko kay joaane bakit ka dinamay hehehe

      Delete
  4. Thank you for joining our adventure Sir Mina! See you at the next summit!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou Backpackers ang saya ng grupo nyo. sna may susunod pa na makakasama ako sa inyo:)

      Delete
  5. wow! foggy...gusto ko yung running water..and now i know pano mo nakilala ang backpackers hehe..

    buti naman walang naganap na "slashing tent"..katakot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. wala nman alert nman kmi kc alam n nmin na ganun ang kwento doon kaya alerto kmi lage:) subukan mo narin mag climb dayhike ako mag guide sa inyo... hehe

      Delete
  6. Ang fun naman ng akyat nyo :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Salamat sa pagdalaw sa site ko. Katakot pala akyatin ang bundok na yan, buwis-buhay na ang trail, may tent-slashing pa, glad you're all safe. Good luck at ingats sa next climb. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ang saya naman ang dami niyo... ndi nakakatakot umakyat pag ganyan kadami ang umakyat.. Namiss ko na talaga ang umakyat ng bundok...

    ReplyDelete
  9. NANDYAN DIN PALA SI SIR FREDDIE NA NAG ONE DAY HIKE SA MT. BALAGBAG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah kilala mo ba xa sir nakasama mo sa akyat?

      Delete