Mt. Natib, Orani Bataan
Renante MinaWednesday, March 13, 2013 23 comments




Peak of Mt. Natib

     I think twice if I will join the event of sir Ivan because of the limatik(leech), yes I’m afraid of that small creature because they suck blood and just using your bare hand it is hard to remove them when they bite you. I put on my mind being a hiker I need also to conquer my fears and to experience that because I never encounter a leech on the trail. One of the reasons why Mt. Makiling is not on my list because of that leeches hahaha.. although that mountain is popular to all hikers.

     The day of the climb came, on my mindset leeches will bite me because some of the articles that I read they experienced bitten by leeches on that mountain. As preparation to myself, I asked all my buddies what I should do if leech bite me they said the best thing is bring an alcohol then spray directly to the leech. When we arrived at the jump-off at the barangay Tala the first thing we asked to our guide was if there’s a leech on the trail as he replied “wala naman siguro kasi di naman umulan at maaraw ngayon” (sigh) “sana nga wala” I can’t imagine what will be my reaction if leech bite me hahaha. After we register and pay our registration fee at the barangay, we went to the headquarters and register again for security concern maybe, because there are some issues that NPA(New Peoples Army) still active in that area.

Gate

     After we took our breakfast at the gotohan we started a li’l prayer led by Ma’am Emm. 7:30AM we started our trek, the first 1 hour of our trek the trail are wide and gradual when we reached the gate with vast space, where we took pictures and li’l rest and where you can see the peak of Mt. Natib and other mountains of Bataan. When we entered at the gate I started cover my ears and nose with my buff(head wear) because leeches also get inside the holes of our body and it will be harmful. We passed by a house where we refilled our bottles and we resume again our trek.


Going to the majestic water falls

Fork: Left trail - Pasukulan Falls / Right trail - Mt. Natib summit

     I thought the plan was we will go first to the summit of Mt. Natib then if we have a enough time we have sidetrip at Pasukulan falls but the guide have decided that our first destination was the Pasukulan falls instead the summit of Mt. Natib, When those who are on the lead they reached the fork they’re waited for us and assembled there. We took the left trail going to Pasukulan falls. There’s a portion on the trail that we passed I’m not sure if it is a landslide but when I stepped my left foot some part of the land eroded thanks God I'm safe.

     More than 3hours we trekked but still we never hear any sounds of rushing waters and the others started to ask “malayo pa ba kuya siguraduhin mo na worth it yan ha”  I laughed when I heard that, kuya Wilnor said "isang oras nalang", on my mind grabe layo pa pala.


Obstacle on the trail



Balance your body not to be fall

Across the stream

     We crossed a stream and again another walang kamatayan na tanong “malayo pa ba tayo kuya?” kuya Wilnor said “malapit na" buti nalang and finally parang nabunutan ako ng tinik and I feel the excitement, actually I’m hungry and my knees was aching so I need to rest my feet.

Trail going down to the Pasukulan falls

Majestic Pasukulan Falls

     Kuya Wilnor he called us "punta kayo dito tignan niyo" and we saw the water falls all the words I heard was “wow ang ganda naman”. I saw a lot of waterfalls, for me every waterfalls have their own uniqueness, as always I’m such in awe every time I saw a waterfalls. And according to our guide Pasukulan got the name from many Japanese surrendered from that area.  For more than 4 hours of trekking from the jump-off going to Pasukulan Falls and all I can say is worth it. Kuya Wilnor said much better if we do it overnight so we can visit also the hot spring. At the Pasukulan falls we took our lunch and the others swum for them to refresh their body although I don't know how to swim but still I enjoy because of the ambiance. Because we have only a limited time at 1 o’clock we start again our trek going to summit.


Going back and ready to conquer the summit

focus on the trail

     As suggestion of Kuya Wilnor we will leave our bags at the fork so that our Pacing will be fast. 3PM when we reached the fork the group were divided into two the Ratrat (fast pace) led by Sir Ivan and second group normal pacing led by Alen (kid guide).  What we do was as much we can, we ran on the trail for us to have enough time to the summit, I wasn't on focus on the trail because of that limatik (leech) and I always grope my face if there’s a leech,  hahaha mahirap na magiging duguan sa trail. 

Rope segment
 Steep portion and slippery stones

     For me the main highlight of the trail is the rope segment and I feel like I’m professional climber. 
As closer to the peak the trail is harder and steeper meaning more fun to the group, determination and unwavering.

Time to rest and take pictures on the steep portion of the trail with the breathtaking view

Summit

     Reaching the summit was a great accomplishment for me that time and I can’t imagine that I survived because my knees was aching and I never told to them so that they would not be worry about me, with my determination I didn't give up until I reached the finish line. For me reaching the top of the mountain is priceless.

Ivan - Batang Lakwatsero and Emm - emmpinaytrekker
Two thumbs up for this

     5:30PM when we descent from the summit luckily we already passed the steep portion before it become dark and nothing to be concern and the wide trail is manageable. At 8:00PM we reached the gotohan.  For long hour of waiting past 1AM, nakasakay din kami sa wakas.  

     3:00AM when we arrived at the Metropolis when I went down to the bus and waiting for a taxi, severe pain was attacking my knees I can’t step forward. More than 30minutes I rest and stretched my feet, this was my first time that I experienced that on the road, it’s the worst scenario for me.



How to get there:
(Commute details: From Manila, take a bus bound for Balanga or Mariveles, either Bataan Transit or Genesis, then alight at Orani. Note that there are two routes going to Bataan - via the Bataan Provincial Highway and via the National Road. If coming from the central town via the National Road, go to the market and ride a jeep to Brgy. Tala; but if coming from the highway, ride a tricycle at Orani crossing). 
Source: Ivan

Hiker Guide:
Kuya Wilnor 
Contact no. - 09186139628

23 comments:

Ella Dorado said...

Nakasama mo din pala dito si Sir Vincent Esguerra.
Nice article, well atleast na conquer mo na ang mga Limatik, so pwede na tayo mag makiling? =)

Byaheng Jologs said...

Good job my friend...
ok lang yun...di ka nag-iisa na takot sa limatik...waaah!
more climb to you buddy....tc always...

yccos said...

I was really waiting for this post. Good job. Hindi ko pa nga kakayanin ang ganitong ka-steep na climb. It's been awhile. Hope to join lighter trips soon :) sobrang namimiss ko na...

Albert Salvatierra said...

Better to be in the falls after the summit, pag inuna ko yan baka mag enjoy na ko,...di ko marating ang summit,

Manong Unyol said...

pwede hehehe pero saka na ang makiling

Manong Unyol said...

hahaha buti naka survived ako nabigla katawan ko

Manong Unyol said...

hahaha salamt ma'am next kung may madali po hahaha

Manong Unyol said...

ayh oo kung inuna mo yan tatamarin ka na mag summit kc nkakarelax hehehe ganda ng falls...

Balut said...

yaiks linta! ayaw ko din yan!

yun din ang alam kong story ng "pasukulan". it came from the word Sumuko or "suko" which means surrender. Bataan is the land of the braves... the last "fall" during WWII thus the famous "Fall of Bataan"

Manong Unyol said...

yap yun din kwento nila hehehe :) yakee yung limatik eh hehehe

Marco said...

Nakakadiri ang leech!

Malapit lang ba yan sa Mt. Tarak?

Manong Unyol said...

oo kadiri talga yan kung may kumakapit sa akin nagugulat ako hehehe mun tik pa ako na hulog dahil jan... malau ang tarak sa natib sir

Philippine Normal University- Mountaineering Club said...

congrats!!! you've conquer your fear... ask lang po.... plan kc ng group namin na mag mt. natib, ask ko lng po kung ung sin kuya wilnor ay taga mt. natib mismo.... tnx

Manong Unyol said...

yap local siya jan kung pupunta kau puntahan nyu na laht pwede puntahan yung falls at yung bundok at meron daw ata hot spring ata yun para sulit ang lakad. :) goodluck

Lyda Adolfo said...

aakyat kami jan sa sabado. waaahh, may mga leech pla..huhu ngayun ko lng nlaman. first major climb ko pa..

Eugene Montesa said...

hahaha...ayos lang yan Ma'am Lyds...kasama sa experience yan. Dala lang tayo ng maraming Alcohol.

Manong Unyol said...

goodluck, limatik kung natry mo na mavite parang wala lang kasu nga lang continues ang bleeding kapag natanggal mo na siya. pero dont worry d naman harmful kung makagat wag lang pumasok sa mata or nay part butas ng katawan.

Manong Unyol said...

yap tama alacohol effective talga proven ko na. good luck guys.. sana magkita kita tau sa trail :) you can invite me also hahaha d ako tumatanggi minsan basta d ko pa naakyat..

Crocifixio said...

Ayos yan 'toy! Ipagpatuloy mo yang masigasig mong pag akyat at pagsusulat. Sana ay mahilig ka rin sa survival at sel-reliance para mas responsable ang pagka climb! Kampai!

Manong Unyol said...

salamt po sir sa pag eencourage :) goodluck din sa adventures mo...

Hilda Facto said...

try Mt Cristobal it was really great and amazing place ..

Manong Unyol said...

hi hilda yap mt. cristobal one of the best hiking destination, i climbed cristobal twice traditonal and traverse... i like the mossy forest part near the crater.

Elreen Ann Santos said...

nice adventure!

just want to know how much is the guide fee? thanks :)