My one year anniversary climb
Renante MinaTuesday, May 21, 2013 28 comments


     It was the month of May when I started mountaineering which means this is my first anniversary in this kind of outdoor activities. It’s my first year! And I almost forgot about it and as for mountaineering I didn't expect it will be my passion. Actually my friend Arman he is the reason behind all this.

     Here’s the short story how it all started. When we were at the Trinoma mall, he bought a dri fit T-shirt I asked him where he will use that shirt he said it’ll be to his future climb because I also like the design, I got envious with his T-shirt so I also bought one. I asked him how did he knew the brand of this shirt he told to me it was through Pinoymountaineer website I thought that site is store for apparel with my curiosity I checked the site. While browsing I accidentally clicked the Mountain Page on Pinoymountaineer I saw a list names of mountains when I clicked the link, I saw lot of pictures and it was alluring just like I’m in that wonderful place witnessing the spectacular view on the top of the mountain. To be honest the only mountain that I knew that time when I still don’t have an experience in mountaineering was Mt. Makiling and Mt. Apo but I don’t have any idea what part of Philippine archipelago can be found those mountains. Hahaha

     I messaged Arman and convinced him to create an event for us with our other classmates but he refused my request, “Ikaw nalang gumawa sama nalang ako” I think he is afraid to have responsibilities because we have no idea yet in the mountain his concern was our safety, with my eagerness I did a research what is the best mountain for beginner majority that I read the mountains they recommended Mt. Maculot in Cuenca Batangas and Mt. Batulao in Nasugbu Batangas. I chose Mt. Maculot because on the pictures at the rockies peak which you can see the Taal volcano. I invited all my close friends but only 3 confirmed on my invitation Arman, Gab and Lloyd. Without hesitation we pursued the event even we are only 4 to climb that mountain.


The Pinoymountaineer T-shirt and the famous Rockies peak


     I’m speechless when I reached the peak, as first timer one of the most memorable I've experienced in my life I thought this is the first and last mountain, I kept in my mind there are also other part in the Philippines as beautiful as this view this is how I started until now and then I didn't give up my passion to reach the peak of the Philippine mountains.

     Being introvert I explored myself and also to meet new friends with the same passion. Through mountaineering I change my outlook on life. For 1 year in this kind of activities I didn't expect that I become more responsible and always practice the Leave No Trace even I'm not in the mountain, if I see a garbage or vandals I get mad maybe that is good impact in mountaineering and I learned how to respect and appreciate the beauty of nature.

     I realized recently I hope I can create or join an event doing ocular mission not only the mountains but also the other part of remote areas with malnourished cases and lack of school materials for the children.


  
THANK YOU
Sana magkakasama pa tayo ulit :)


Mt. Malipunyo traverse - Year end climb with sir Dennis and Amber


Mt. Sembrano Summit organized my idol Ivan - Batang lakwatsero


Mt. Batulao Summit with fellow bloggers


Mt. Manalmon summit with the group of Artist


Mt Cristobal with Bangag group


Cross Country Trek - Benguet to La Union


Mt. Romelo with Tin - Misadventures of Tintin with her group


Mt. Tarak and I met sir George on the trail with his group


Mt. Balagbag with Freddie with his Family and  Chris and Peng KOG group


Suso ng Dalaga with Jose


Mt Cristobal with Rodney and Mirriam with their group


Mt. Tagapo with the Backpackers group and guest


Mt. Tarak Traverse with Ella - Wondrous Travel and Laine wife of Jose



Mt Palay-palay / Pico de loro with Jc - Byahero Ilonggo and his friend Mico first mountain he climb


Mt. Pinagbanderahan with my classmates jump for joy


Mt. Gulogod Baboy with fellow Travel Bloggers


Cross Country Trek - with Albert The Backpacker we met local hikers on the trail


Cross Country Trek Benguet to La Union with Karina - Lakwatserang Kuba



Cross Country Trek Benguet to La Union with Tiger Lila 



Please visit my CLIMB LOGS page

28 comments:

Ella Dorado said...

Wow.Happy Anniv. =)
Saan at kelan ang anniversary climb? hehe

Pinoy Adventurista said...

ang daming climbs! Congrats Sir!

byaheroilonggo.blogspot.com said...

happy anniversary MANONG UNYOL!:)

Byaheng Jologs said...

Congratulations and Happy Anniversary buddy....
Isa ka rin sa malaking bahagi ng aking pamumundok....
Sana marami pa tayong pagsamahang mga akyat at byahe....
More climb and travel for you Manong Unyol....

Talinggaw said...

ang dami mong naakyat in just 1 year sir, grabe! Congrats...and happy anniversary! Be safe sa mga susunod pang climb. :)

Joy said...

Wow! Dami mo na pala naakyat na bundok. Happy anniversary.
Good luck with your new project. It is a wonderful thought.

Natz said...

Happy anniversary Mina! Bloggers climb ulit? :)

LakwatserongOpisWorker said...

Happy Anniversary Manong!...bakit karamihan ng pictures wala ka. :D

Manong Unyol said...

salamat d ko pa alam sama sama din kapag may time lage ka hectic eh iba talaga kapg artista

Manong Unyol said...

salamat sir sama mo ako minsan sa byahe yung malapit lang hahaha.

Manong Unyol said...

uy ate ano na akyat na ulit

Manong Unyol said...

salamt ma'am weng nilagpasan mo na climb logs ko hahaha level up to da max ka na ma'am high altitude naman Kota na hehehe

Manong Unyol said...

salamt ma'am sama ka minsan hehehe kahit i'm sure d ka nman mahihirapan kc umaakyat ka nman :)

Manong Unyol said...

hello ma'am joy sayang di man lang kita na meet dito sa Pinas :) salamt

Manong Unyol said...

hello set na yan bloggers climb ulit na may sidetrip dumadami na hehehe

Manong Unyol said...

hahaha ako kc taga kuha d me mahilig mag pa pict na kita mukha hehehe natatakot ako sa sarili ko hahaha

Balut said...

Happy Anniverary sa yong pamumundok! ha ha

Btw, THANKS for the congratulations on my domain. About your question around $10 to $12 a year lang. I bought mine from GoDaddy.com :)

Medyo maraming nagtatanong ng "how to" for domain so baka gumawa ako ng post about it. sabihan kita pag naka-gawa ako ng guidelines.

Manong Unyol said...

Pwede na mura na siya tama dapat mo ituro hehehe para may idea kami paano yung payment at paano pagaayos ng domain hehehe natatakot lang ako baka di ko makuha yung domain name na gusto ko.

Arvin U. de la Peña said...

good luck sa nakahiligan mo na iyan....tiyak marami pa kayong aakyatin...

naks said...

'gratz manong unyol...
di man ako mountaineer/hiker (2 times pa lang akong umakyat sa Famy; late 90s), para na ring nakaakyat ako ulit ng bundok dahil sa mga blogposts mo at ng iba pang travel/mountaineering bloggers...
good luck sa mga susunod pang akyat sir

Manong Unyol said...

maraming salamt sir :) sana nga po..

Manong Unyol said...

maraming salamt sir yun ba yung naakyat mo ay sa Mt romelo ganda po mga falls dun :)

naks said...

not really sure...baka nga Mt. Romelo :D
yun yung me kawa-kawa ba 'yun? taas sa campsite me tindahan?
tapos me falls din na puede kang mag-rappel pababa...mga 50 meters yung taas nung falls...
ngayon ata bawal ng umakyat sa Famy

karina said...

Isang pagbati para sa isang taon ng pamumundok. Isang karangalan ang makasama kang umakyat. Para sa mas marami pang taon ng paglalakbay. Hanggang sa muling pagkikita! :)

Manong Unyol said...

maraming salamt ma'am Karina... at may pagkakataon ulit na makasama kita sa climb :)

MJ said...

ang gaganda ng mga bundok na na-aakyat mo Manong Unyol! pa-sama naman minsan kahit day hike lang sa MT. Sembrano o Mt Batulao! hehehe Congrats sa 1st Anniv ng blog mo :)

Manong Unyol said...

salamat ma'am, cge ba kapag makapag organize ako ng climb :) invite kita email nalang kita....

Leonard Francis Kabigting said...

HAVE MORE MTS TO CLIMB.! HAVE MORE FUN!