Miyamit Falls in Porac Pampanga
Renante MinaTuesday, September 10, 2013 25 comments


     It was almost 3 weeks without a hike because of the bad weather and I felt so bored in our house during the past weekends and the bad thing was I don’t have a pending schedule for the month. Supposedly Mt. Marami is my first option before the end of the month of September unfortunately I don’t have an itinerary and travel guide because I’m too busy during weekdays because of overload work and I don’t have enough time to research, because I’m running out of time. Friday evening I immediately messaged Ryan if he is not busy on the weekend but he replied and they have a day hike at Mt. Arayat on Saturday but he is willing to guide us on Sunday in Miyamit falls. When I read that messaged I felt the excitement because I’m a big fan of waterfalls because all the waterfalls I visited never fails me. I invited my other buddies but only two confirmed, we decided that we will sleep at the dorm of Ryan in Mexico Pampanga to have enough rest and our itinerary will not be delay because according to other who have been there it’s a long hike.

     Saturday afternoon we left Manila going to SM Pampanga to meet Ryan, I think 5:00PM when we departed at the Fivestar terminal. We encountered a heavy traffic for more than 1hour we were stuck on the road because of the other buses that load and unload their passengers that obstruct the flow of traffic and there also portion of the road that was under construction, that was the reasons why we were stuck for more than 1hour in EDSA Balintawak one of the worst thing I ever experienced on my travel.

     Past 8:00PM we arrived in SM Pampanga and took our heavy merienda, for 1hour of waiting at the mall. He instructed us how to get there in their dorm for us to wait him there. He bought monster pizza for dinner I really appreciated it, a big thanks to him naka libre na naman kami for our dinner hahaha.

     At 4:00AM we left in their dorm in Mexico Pampanga and we decided to buy our food for lunch in a 24hrs fastfood chain in Angeles Pampanga. At the Angeles Pampanga near public market we rode a jeep going to Porac, and we informed the jeepney driver that he’ll drop us to terminal going to Sapang Uwak. The driver dropped us in a trike terminal going to Sapang Uwak, sorry about the name of barangay I forgot it, but it is already part of Porac Pampanga.

     When we were at the rough road going to Sapang Uwak the trike driver pleaded to the driver of the 4x4 off-road if we can hitch going to Sapak Uwak fortunately the driver agree, but to my dismay the trike driver still charged us a full fee, we were lucky the owner of the car she didn't charge us for any fee thanks to her.


     At 6:00AM we started our hike at Sapang Uwak I thought I can only see 1, 2 or 3 of “Ayta/Aeta” on the trail but I was wrong Sapang Uwak is a Barangay and majority of who lives there are “Aytas/Aetas” that moment I felt I’m the state of culture shock, because I never tried mingling with the “Aytas” I don’t know how to approach them, I think  that is a normal reaction of a person to a place that you never visit.




     We noticed a group of Aytas carrying a sack of pseudo stem of the banana plant but according to them they call it puso ng saging/flower of the banana, very tough guys, they walk into a very long rough road and some of them are barefooted according to Ryan for each sack the buyer only pay 100.00 - 150.00 each. 


     We gave some pieces of candies and mallows to the children and you can see how happy they are and you can see in their innocent face their smile and yet it was just so simple way of giving, even only candies. For us that are memorable part of our adventure we saw they’re smiling that can give energy to us to push through the very exhausting hike and to reach the Miyamit falls.

Typical house of "Aytas"

Long wide rough road

Can you see the red dot at the peak? that is the view deck oh my god it's very far.

     Before the final stretch going to view deck we took our rest for about 10 minutes, to relax our feet and recover our energy assaulting the steep part of the trail. Scorching heat was one of our problems because the trail is open and wide and the bad thing was there were no trees that shades if you want to rest on the steep part.

Never give up sir

Stairs at the view deck

     Finally at 10:00AM we reached the view deck from afar you can see the magnificent Miyamit falls surrounded by healthy green foliage mountains ridges of Pampanga, at the view deck it offers 360 views, where you can see the effect of lahar after the Mt. Pinatubo erupted. For 30 minutes we maximized our time took our pictures and napped. How I wish I will become an immortal to explore all the beauties of nature and my only priorities are to discover new in this world.

Miyamit falls from the view deck

Cause of lahar

Mountains of Pampanga

Manong Unyol at the view deck


     At 10:30PM start again our hiked as estimation of Ryan another 1hour hike from view deck to Miyamit falls fortunately the sun covered with altocumulus forms of clouds. After we passed the intersection, going right is the Miyamit falls and straight ahead according to Ryan going to the Mt. Pinatubo crater, after we passed the intersection I heard sound of flowing waters near the trail I thought we were already near but it was only a stream, after we crossed two streams because I’m more focus on the slippery rocky trail, a few minutes I was surprised when I turn my sight on the open space at my left side, enchanting waterfalls witnessed by my naked eyes and I almost near I’m very sure only a few steps to reach the Miyamit falls.

Water source


     After we surpassed the dilapidated stairs finally we reached the majestic waterfalls for me so far I consider as one of the finest waterfalls I ever visited on my hiking career. The waterfalls mesmerized me I forgot to remove my backpack, and I can’t stop clicking the button of my camera capturing it in different angles, as ma’am Suzette said “nakakatanggal ng pagod”.

I love waterfalls

Thank you Lord


     For more than 5hours of hiked going to the falls we must say worth it all the efforts we do because of the reward what we experienced along the hike and until we reached the Miyamit falls.



How to get there by commute:
At the Five Star Cubao terminal ride a bus that will pass Dau terminal Pampanga then ride a jeep going to Angeles public market, near the market ride again a jeep going to Porac Pampanga. after you get a waiver from Porac municipality you can ride a trike going to barangay Sapang Uwak the fare is negotiable, estimate fare of a trike 150.00 – 200.00 good for 3 – 4 persons.

Take note:
Must have a waiver from municipality of Porac Pampanga and at the barangay Sapang Uwak inform the barangay captain you will visit the Miyamit falls and they will arrange a guide for you or to your group. you can text this number 09499950980 his name Albert local Ayta in Sapang Uwak, caretaker connected to DOT of Pampanga.

25 comments:

Ian Limbonis said...

thanks for visiting my hometown...

Billy Palatino said...

Beautiful! Like you, waterfalls always amazed me!
Very good write up! See you on sat! hehe!

Tal | ThePinayWanderer said...

First saw your photos on FB, ganda sir! Napa-search ako bigla that day para hanapin san ang miyamit falls eh. Sobrang tarik ba talaga ang trail? At yun permit, kahit ba weekend may nagi-issue ng permit? Hays, sana makita ko din ang falls na yan.... :)

Albert Thebackpacker said...

Unexpected na ganun kahirap , pero worth it talaga, at talagang mamamagha ka ka sa ganda ng lugar, nakawawala ng pagod..di ko inasahan na may ganyan kagandang falls sa buong Pampanga....

Manong Unyol said...

ANG GANDA NG LUGAR SIR SULIT NA SULIT:)

Manong Unyol said...

hahaha oo sir ganda talga ng waterfalls napaka peaceful..

Manong Unyol said...

uy salamat weekend wala eh paalam nalnag kau sa captain dun sa barangay and kuha ng guide

Manong Unyol said...

oo nga eh di ko rin akalain :)

Anonymous said...

If need nyo po ng guide sa Miyamit Falls eto po # ko 09291113794

Earl (Suroy Pilipinas) said...

Wow! Ang ganda ng falls. Miss na miss ko na talaga mag-hiking. Puro takbohan na lang kasi dito tuwing weekend.

Earl (Suroy Pilipinas) said...

Wow! Ang ganda ng falls. Miss na miss ko na talaga mag-hiking. Puro takbohan na lang kasi dito tuwing weekend.

Manong Unyol said...

oo sir maganda ang falls yung trail pala niyan ginagawang trail run at dinadaanan rin ng off road 4x4.. astig pumunta jan at meron jan daan papuntang mt. pinatubo :) sana yan ang madaanan ko kung pupunta ako pinatubo...

Porac Pampanga said...

please call us before you go to Miyamit Falls...045 329 2053 look for tourism staff available...tnx

Ace Gem said...

Kakakyat lang po namin. At salamat po sa blog nyo kasi nahirapan kami humanap ng direction papunta, dito lang kami nakakita ng maliwanag na direction, SALAMAT PO MANONG UNYOL!!!

Sa ngayon po nagoorganize kami ng climbs papunta sa Miyamit. Yung mga gusto sumama contact nyo po ako. Weekly ang target namin kada summer.

Ace 0925 893 one zero one four...

Thanks po ulit Manong Unyol! Mabuhay ang blog nyo!

Renante Mina said...

maraming salamat nakatulong ang aking travel guide :-) congrats

Renante Mina said...

thank you :)

thoughtstoponder said...

Hi, anu mga fees ginastus nyo sa trip na to?

MJ said...

Wow, meron pala nito sa Pampanga. Nice adventure Manong Unyol!

clyde walker said...

Meron palang ganito na view sa Porac, Pampanga. Pumunta kami jan nun with friends sa may Sanbox to have some outdoor adventure. :)

Unknown said...

sir may ideya kaba pag saturday saan kuha ng permit

Klen Morales said...

MAY BAYAD BA PAGKUHA NG PERMIT?

Unknown said...

Manong meorn po ba kayong kilalang guide na pwede overnight Mt.Babatibat Tundung Baka At Miyamit Falls?

Unknown said...

09291113794, makakatulong po yan sa inyo tungkol sa Mt. Babatibat + Tundong Baka + Miyamit Falls

Ace Gem said...

Nililimit na ng munisipyo (Porac) ang climbs. Friday, Saturday and Sunday na lang din sila nagpapaakyat. May certain number na din daw na inaallow. Tapos kailangan magsecure ng permit at least a day before the climb.

Here's the guy we used, sya nag-ayos ng permits, waiver etc for us

09359979306
Willie

leslie ann Aniscal said...

hi,i just wanna ask magkano ung gastos s lahat lahat..??